River Pirates type cache

Home Forums Geocaching Topics River Pirates type cache

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SniperChicken SniperChicken 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of deltadawg
    deltadawg
    Participant

There used to be a cache up in New Albany called River Pirates (http://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GCK3TC_river-pirates). To find this cache, you had to locate a map (these were placed in geocaches all over north Mississippi). Then you had to follow the map to find the cache. This was really cool at the time.

Is this something that would be approved as a cache now?

I have been thinking about this cache for years and how to improve it and I think that I have it mostly figured out, but I want to make sure that something like this could be approved.

Profile photo of Pork King
    Pork King
    Participant

According to the guidelines,

Mystery/Puzzle Caches
    The information needed to solve this type cache must be available to the general community and the puzzle should be solvable from the information provided on the cache page.

Although you may be able to do something like what this cache has done, but without giving away any secrets, I must tell you just go find the cache…

I remember finding your house and having you draw me a map since I couldn’t find one. You made me carry a sword to the cache site in case of a pirate attack.

Profile photo of Pork King
    Pork King
    Participant
    Profile photo of Lacey Bishop
    Lacey Bishop
    Participant

I enjoyed finding your cache and still have the original map of that cache. I believe Sniperchicken still has that cache open. How much of the cache would translate to being a letterbox hybrid?

Profile photo of SniperChicken
    SniperChicken
    Keymaster

Well, i did kindof a sequel to that one called River Pirate: Boson’s Loot .It is simply a traditional hide though.

I’ll never forget us posing with that sword at the treasure box for a photo.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.